Scotland takes pride in being the country where golf originated. This traditional sport has flourished in the grounds of Scotland for centuries and till date is one of greatest attraction of the place. There can be no better place for a golf lover other than Scotland, Home of Golf.
The game of Golf was played primarily in the eastern coast of Scotland, Aberdeenshire under the fifeKingdom, East Lothian and in Prestwick. The Clubs of Scotland houses many fascinating memories of golf recalling the home grown legends such as James Braid and Old Tom Morris.
The ever inspiring and amazing historic golf courses of St Andrews, Muirfield, Royal Troon, Turnberry, and Carnoustie are the best attractions till date on Scotland golf vacations.
Many other courses housed by the native land are worth exploring. The sheer quality presented by the Scotland’s golf courses is unrivalled. Some of the preeminent golf courses offered include:
- Elegant Gleneagles boasting three championship courses with PGA Centenary Course being the host of Ryder Cup 2014.
- Timeless classic, Royal Dornoch of Scottish Highlands.
- Beautiful Blairgowrie of Perthshire is the place where Greg Norman has taken pride to pick up his very first European title.
- Solheim cup staged in Dalmahoy near Edinburgh
- Castle Course involved in St. Andrews golf packages introduced in the year 2002.
Latest courses added in the directory of Scotland’s golf courses
Despite being the home land for golf, Scotland now has many competitive emerging destinations all around the world. Thus, for mere survival and for maintaining its position in the world, Scotland has come up with new and challenging golf courses which include:
- Trump International and Castle Stuart Golf Links, both ranked among the leading and most outstanding world’s golf links. The moment these courses were opened, the golfers were attracted towards them and came running to try their skills.
- The Scotland golf packages in the upcoming years will be including new and high profile golf courses for the pleasure of the golfers. Donald Trump, another renowned golfer has announced for the opening of a second golf course plus resort in Aberdeen.
- One of the under construction golf course project include Wyndham Grand Angus resort offering golf by the sea side lying outside Dundee. Designed by Darren Clarke, the final year’s Open cup champion this golf course is expected to present challenges for the golfers that have never been heard of. An 18 hole golf course at Angus is awaited for getting started with its construction in spring next year.
- Lastly, the sparsely inhabited JuraIsland is about to see an exclusive course in the upcoming years designed by Australian Bob Harrison.